Thursday, April 24, 2008

EVER SO LOVELY.......















WHISPERS OF THE PAST....... I woke up this morning with the desire to go to my favorite antique stores and spend some time in the past.... I was looking for some laces and objects to do a couple altered art projects. I found a couple small bags full ... just perfect..... But then I found 2 lovely perfume bottles I wasn't looking for but somehow they made the trip home with me... How devine.....when I look at them I feel like I have given them second chances for standing the test of time. Second chances... a love of mine.... They will mix beautifully with other items I have displayed.... The little lace collar I placed on one of the perfume bottle in photo was a piece of lace I purchased in a bag full if lace. They was about 10 of those.. lovely little crochet pieces.... I thought they would be lovely for photos ect. The lovely muted pink lace in pictures also was in bag. The larger piece of lace appears to be from a very old slip and the smaller two are lace cuffs... The absolute most lovely shade of muted pink..... What a treasure for a $2.00 bag full.... I truly find inspiration in smaller finds .......it is part of my history of enjoying simply things life offers....... The top pic is a perfume bottle I already enjoy... just wanted to show you how beautiful the lace cluffs display with the bottle........It's yummy...... I found several buttons ... always on my list if found......
I enjoyed my morning mingering with memories of the past and to inspire ideas for the future...now I will enjoy finding places or creating objects from my wonderful wear of time finds.........

No comments: