Saturday, April 12, 2008

PASSION OF HATS OF THE PAST




Antique and vintage hats take us back to a era of times past. A glamerous time when women would not leave their house with their hats and gloves...The passion for the romance of Victoria and timeworn and the desire for loved old things .....surely makes it a pleasure of being a woman. Something worn with age brings great comfort to me. I have some hats from times past that I display in my home.... I have attached a photo of one of my most favorite ones..... I have a few favorites. This hat was called a broom hat at the antique shop where I purchase it. I have had it in my possession for about 15 years.... I have never considered selling it so I love it. It is brown velvet with a hugh brown and black plumes...a brown satin band. I have not touched the hat in any manner.....I do not know if broom hat is even the proper name or if the seller of the hat at the antique shop decided to be create.... I do believe it to be from the edwardian era... but cannot be sure of that ....I have more I will share with you from time to time as I am taking photos to share. I have a idea I would like to do as I blog more and hopefully more of you gals find my blog and want to include me in your blogging community, but I do realize this is going to take time.... I am getting some age on me so PLEASE don't let it take to terribly long. I could forget my thoughts.......

1 comment:

Beth Leintz said...

Beautiful hat and purse! You have lovely things!