Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ROMANTIC IMAGES ALTERED ART













Alright now were talking..... Back to the colors I love.... I love the aged look in the carmel shades and tea dyed tones.....I have been working on a couple altered art projects for myself and to place on my ebay auctions... Romantic images and ephemera can inspire a altered art project. Give into your romantic side when searching for inspirations... I hunt for all sorts of trinkets... anything unexpected and unusual...Postcard have the most captivating images... The photo itself but also the stamps....postmarks.. and graceful ink messages give just the right touch... YUMMMM....Beautiful buttons..buckles...and vintage jewels.... lace and ribbons are so so sweet treasures of the past. I designed some altered art on the front cover of a old book from 1917.....It is a dainty book about 5 1/2" by 4 ".... Pieces of lace from my thrift market and antique trip last week... buttons ...key.. and vintage brooch and vintage image from post card completes this project ....



I have another book I will place on ebay.. I also have a tin that once housed toffee that I did altered art on the top and inside ...Photo above.... PS. I have a project I hope to complete in the next couple days on a wooden thin cigar box that I am liking the way it is turning out.. I will share that with you soon. Also working on a bridal shower little gift and a wedding gift I will be sharing with you also....I have alot of irons in the fire and need to complete some soon.. I am feeling the heat.......

No comments: