Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Making My Day Special




Old time is still a flying and I decided I was going to pamper myself this afternoon... I have supper in the oven ... beef roast.. carrots.. and potatoes .... I thought while I had my oven on I would make some old fashion shortbread... I just took it from the oven and will gladly share some with you.... I just placed a couple pieces on a pretty pink rose plate and am going to fill a Hugh glass with ice and pour a sweetened ice tea ... Going to sit on my small deck off the bedroom with my new Victoria magazine and sip and snack. Then I am going to take a swim and lay in the sun.... Tom went to Indiana up by Lake James to golf with his son and grandson and I don't expect him back for a couple hours. This is the love part of being retired....You can whip up a tray of affection for yourself and just enjoy...... I love the quote of George Bernard Shaw " Happiness is a perfume that you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself".... Have a wonderful day.....

1 comment:

Myrna said...

OOoh! Sounds like a lovely afternoon! What a great role model you are...reminding us how good it is for us to take time for ourselves.
p.s. LOVE your platter in your previous post! I commented on it in my blog today...
Hugs to you!