Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finding your Treasures




Make your own treasures with found objects at a wonderful discount price.... I found several objects all for under 20.00 yesterday at a junk store..... I found this charming glass stemmed dish which is old and a wood shoe stretcher and vintage hankies.... The dish I can change often ... maybe a altered art lady or angel tucked in small glass balls or mica flakes.... The wood shoe block I plan on making a lovely altered art tag and adding on for display... The hankies I will use the monogrammed one on my bridal tree and the others for altered art pieces... Linens such as hankies can boast some fading or expose some frayed edges... this only adds considerable charm to a room......Hidden treasures from a junk shop can offer wonderful new objects for your home... change often and adds new life... How wonderful is that... Go junking.....

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

I love it all!!! Good job Marietta ~ junkin' is the best and so very economical ~ good for the pocketbook and a step towards recycling! xxoo, Dawn