Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Passion for Fall



Our fall season has arrived here in Ohio... Our area is still struggling due to the extreme lack of rain.... Everything has began to take on it's fall look a month early..... I am still finding little stored fall items to add to changing over to fall... I just found the bittersweet garland I added to the top of my suitcases.... Autumn can be delicious... The wonderful colors.... the scents and the lucious foods..... I love baked apples ozzing with brown sugar and cinnamon and melting marshmellows.... YYUUMMMM...... Tonight I am having acorn squash baked in the oven with brown sugar and butter baked in the center for about 2 1/2 hours.... Completed with baked pork chops and scalloped potatoes .... Tom is in a golf city tournament today and tomorrow so I will just place all the food in the oven and bake slowly...I love when the fall harvest can be found along the road side when you travel....Fall does take many different forms... We must remember to take time and gaze and enjoy the season and add them to our book of beautiful memories......

1 comment:

kathy said...

LOve your vignette -- Seems like summer has passed by here -- not the temps (89 ) but the time -- So guess I need to be ready for fall , even tho I am not really ready . You always have such a beautiful touch .. love you suitcase arrangement. and as for your paper dolls -Oh la la !!
Blessings kathy -GA