Monday, October 6, 2008

Antique Medicine Bottle



When I was at at The Field of Memories Antique shop the other day I did buy a couple bottles which in not like me... I am not into bottles very much. I do however like to see them displayed in others homes.... I may end up with them on ebay.... that was the thought when I bought them I am going to share the medicine bottle with you... The other one I purchased is large / a gallon one and I am going to make some tags for it.. Will share that with you when finished... I researched this bottle in picture... I found it very interesting ... Ray Vaugh Pierce... Graduated medical school in 1862 being in the age of his late 20's. Practiced in Buffalo N.Y. as states on medicine bottle. He opened a World Dispensary of medicine and it was dispensed throughout the U.S. and foreign countries. In 1880 the Mass. Bd. of Health ...after a law suit did find OPIUM to be found in the medicine... No bottles could be found after that..... I find it very interesting to hunt for info on some items I purchase but sometimes I am not always successful...but enjoy trying... I also want to place a tag on this bottle ...... Will share photo when I get it completed.....

3 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

My Mum collectes Ink bottles...
I have a collection of glass type ones from my Hubby...
He hoards anything But some are truly lovely

helamonstr said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog and have spent an enjoyable hour reading all of your posts and viewing the photos of your home and crafts,simply delightful!! Thanks so much for posting such lovely vintage images, I'll be using the little girls having tea for an invitation to a tea & crafting party I am hosting on Sun.

Unknown said...

Great bottle and I love the story behind it...that's why I love vintage and antiques so much...the stories they tell even if you don't always know...