Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Buttons


Yesterday my friend, Barb, made her way from Toledo... stopping at all the thrift and antique stores she could find making her way here ... arrived early afternoon and headed home going on 11:00.. so we had a very long visit and talking and making some goodies. I also made a nice meal for all. Baked a old fashion ham... fried taters...green beans preserved from the garden... beef and noodles and I made baked apples smothered in cinnamon and brown sugar and butter and served them warm with a scoop of ice cream... Oh my.....It was a yummy treat..... I have pictured 2 little pillows she gifted me with from a lady that makes items for a shop she works at.... I love them and they are just a generous amount of buttons on each... They go with objects I love very well.... I just enjoyed our time .... With the distance we have now we only see each other 3 or 4 times a year.... but we do talk and email.....Friends and family are just what makes life so very special.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend--those pillows are darling!! Goes so perfect in your home!
It also sounded like you treat your guests like royalty--the fabulous dinner, etc!
I can't stand it! I'm checking how much flights are to Ohio from California! ;-)