Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crinkled Curtains


Yesterday while Barb was visiting we walked out to her van and looked at some of her junk and treasures she had purchased in the last couple days... Had some great stuff to place in her shop she manages.... She had one curtain she showed me she couldn't get someone to take .... and I told her Oh, I love them.... we had to search to find the second one..... They were a part of a deal in buying I guess. I laundered them and dried them this a.m. and they are crinkle-wrinkle... soft type fabric... The tie tabs could have been ironed but I didn't want that look so I used them without as they are used looking and That is what I was looking for in my bedroom... I had one lace panel up to the window and left it there... I have a blind at that window that I have to use toward evening as my bedroom faces a very busy road and with lights on you can view through the bedroom into the bath area so a blind it is....
The curtains having a cottage look to them and it is exactly what my bedroom is.... The pattern is of course mixed but the color of the quilt and the curtains marry quite well... Another .. make me happy freebee....

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Oh! The perfect touch to your window!! What a blessing!!
Your room is SO romantic! Love it!

Jennifer said...

Those are just beautiful! Your room is so pretty!

When I pulled up the picture my two year old daughter say and said, "My bedroom! I like my bedroom!"

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Is'nt it lovely what can make our day...
I recently got a glass jar ...A beautiful old glass jar from our op shop and it instantly made my day:)
Your room looks super inviting and pretty

The Feathered Nest said...

I love your bedroom Marietta!!! And the new curtains are perfect with their beautiful krinkled look ~ and I think we have the exact same sheers!! xxoo, Dawn