Friday, October 17, 2008

No Cost Projects






These are some of todays projects... They are definately no budget busters.... The first pic is a lamp shade frame that has been in our basement for years and was very dirty... It had belonged to Tom's mom and since the lamp is now the stnd that my cardboard-felt dress form has been mounted on..... I am going to attemp to Magnolia Pearlify this lamp shade frame. It is getting kinda sorta done.....to be continued...

I added a pattern tissue pointsettia with a rhinestone center onto my dress form to marry it to my other objects I am going to be adding for the holidays.... Remember my goal was 10.00... I think a tag yet and I will be content... I seem to never know when to quit..
to be continued......

I was searching for some putz houses on ebay yesterday and decided I would defiantely go over my budget to fill this one little glass dome.... Okay back to the rec. room to play and try to create... Many little left over card stock pieces and many aged book pages, okay now fold and cut.... Here lately I feel I am kinda back in grade school remembering all these little art projects we use to take home to our parents for rave reviews.... 60 years later I am cutting and ozzing paste everywhere and it seems just as much fun as then...I added some glitter and a teaspoon of mica and we should get a look we are thinking of.... I just brought the little house upstairs and set the dome over it and my golly I think it will work.... Ok... Back to the rec. room... To be continued.....

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Marietta...you are so clever and so creative! Love your little putz house. I made some very tiny ones last year out of my grandparents 50th anniversary cards and then gave them out to family members along with a copy of an old picture of my grandparents. They were only about and inch and a half long maybe. Very fun !