Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After



The day after a holiday is always a day I have to really focus on getting my life back on track.... To you whom have not experienced a broken home you may not understand the above statement... You try so hard to make things as nice and perfect for your family cause things aren't perfect and we have all these picture perfect ideals from movies and readings and childhood of the holiday being such a wonderful time.... I had a wonderful meal and Most of Tom and I's families combined yesterday ... then last evening we went to my x-husband's {my home of 27 years past also} and continued to see my children and got to see my grandchildren.... You see my x and myself and Tom and his friend are solid enough to do this..... yet you still feel responsible for things not being perfect... but then through many years we all know it isn't a perfect world. Anyway today is a day you try to put all the emotions and feelings back in perspective and move on with your life.... And then in a month for Christmas... you do it all again.... I was also saddened yesterday when I recieved a note from a lady that had purchased some of my dolls on ebay... she wrote me a note and said she hoped my dinner plans were better than hers and that her day was very bleak... I would have loved to have that couple for dinner and shared a few smiles with them because my day was much ... much... better than that..... I truly was very blessed yesterday although everything wasn't picture perfect....Today I am going to clean up left-overs and a few crumbs and straighten a few places that got a little muffled..... If I could do anything I wanted today... I believe I would just like to go junkin'....sifting through objects and trying to find a treat seems like a fix.... hummmmmmm....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree - there is nothing like a little vintage or junk therapy!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. I hope you have a wonderful day after.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Yes Parents that have parted really carry much extra baggage and My Family like yours do make the effort to come togetherbut I guess it leaves my Mum and her Husband quite abit of straightening out to do too!
Glad you got to all be together though...
Abit of Junkin' therapy would be real nice thogh,eh?

Sharon said...

I love this post because we have more in common then we thought. My second husband and I are in S. Carolina visitin his daughter. We had Thanksgiving dinner at his x-wives. I have walked in your shoes. We will spend time with my x-husband and his wife on Christmas. We do what we have to for our children. But as you said it will never be the same. Have a fun day junking.

The Pink Poodle said...

G"day from the land of OZ!! found your blog via a bite of country cupcakes..
you phrased your "dilemma" very eloquently..and I am glad you had a lovely day ..

i hope Christmas shall be another nice occasion where everyone is in "harmony"...jeez..it all gets complicated doesnt it?? and I am not even in that kind of situation..

but i can still empathise..
and YES .. shopping/junk flea market shopping is a virtual CURE ALL!!
take care...andrea

Sandi said...

Marietta,
So glad you can all get together and still have a good time as so many can't. I have not been in that situation, but God bless you! I am still at my daughters up by Flint, but we will travel home today. Four days of good times, good food and fun. I will post a few pix on my blog when I get home.
Blessings!