Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kissing Ball




I hung a simple kissing ball with crinkle ribbon today... in time for a golfers party I will be hosting this coming Friday early eve.... Never too old to enjoy a little smooch... I somehow lost the mystic romance of it when I found out that mistletoe is a partial parasite... I now just hang a simple kissing ball adorned with simple ribbon... The mistletoe has been around for centuries.. It creates fun and frolic.. At Christmas time a young lady standing under the ball cannot refuse to be kissed. This kiss can mean deep romance or a lasting friendship. If a girl remains un-kissed under the mistletoe she cannot expect to marry in the next coming year....Mistletoe supposedly mystical powers have been used in many different believes...even as being a sacred plant......Have you hung your kissing ball yet??????

3 comments:

Sonja said...

I love your kissing ball. Do youwant to share your secret on how you made it?

Maison Douce said...

No, but thank you for reminding me!! Off to look for a kissing ball!
Isabel

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Sweetie!
Oh EVERYTHING is so beautiful in your posts! Your home looks so lovely and inviting. And the teas have been beautifully decorated!
I haven't hung my kissing ball yet but I will this week, thanks for reminding me! We ALL need that don't we??
Big hugs, Sherry