Monday, February 23, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Can a farm girl be too happy??? So happy it makes our cheek muscles ache. Sometimes that is how I feel about my home , especially now that it is becoming close to departing for Florida.... { because Tom wanted to know what it was like to be the JONES } I know how to play on the farm and my surroundings. Farm girls are always playful ya know. I am not so sure of myself when I start to get too far out of my territory, when it seems like such a long journey when I am happy with a sweet treat, blue jeans, and a lemonade. I will certainly miss my little home... our freezing and cold and drafty hours spent indoors by the fireplace, only to be like gelatin and melt into the sun, to find a new life just begun...
OLD CHINESE PROVERB.... " A hundred men may make a encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home"
I think this old proverb may say it all for allot of us ladies who really love our home.....
Some will say... be smart... visit the desert in the winter, the canyons in the spring, the mountains in the summer, and the forest in the fall.... or be a farm girl and forget them all......

No comments: