Friday, April 3, 2009

Awaiting Treasures

If you are waiting to travel and find elements in your dreams...don't.. Many are just around the corner waiting on you. The tool is looking at a item for re purpose... So many objects can be used in a second life and end up much more desirable that what they were originally intented for. Look not for what it is but for what it could become. Re-cycling is cost effective and translates less waste. Money tight... look around your house... Bet you have a few treasures awaiting...Learn to pause...... look.... and wonderful things will catch up to you. Know the thrill of walking into a home that person has placed a personal stamp on and it was love at first sight??? You also may secure that deliciously cozy feel by re-purpose... It is a joy to obtain the casual attitude with a touch of romance... It makes it very easy to mix the past and the present... Always have a fun alert eye and come come with the pleasure of dazzling finds... Don't forget to use your memories with old photos of the past to add a one of a kind piece to your home.....

4 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

That is just what I am doing...looking at all the piles of stuff and wondering what I can create with them...trying to get to the bottom of it all instead of going out looking for more. Thanks for the comment on my woodwork...
It sounds like you had a very nice trip but Welcome HOME!
Rene'

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I just love old photos. I have one of my darling Dad that is my most favorite. Just a small little photo but worth millions to me!

Have a great weekend

Hugs, Sherry

Antiques In Old Town said...

Welcome Home... A surprise for you at Antiques in Old Town ...Thanks for your SWEET SPIRIT !

Sandi said...

Marietta,
Can you believe we have snow yet again?? Our schools were cancelled up here. How crazy on April 6th!

I am in the creating mood here in my little corner of the world...with things I already have. :)
Blessings!