Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

As the weekend approaches and it will soon be time to put on your Easter Bonnet..... I thought the sun is out and I will venture outside and wash my BIG front picture window and others.... Wow.... it was very chilly.... We have had a couple very cold nights for us in this area and time.... The sun was making me foolish today but I did get the windows sparkling....... now I can watch for the Easter Bunny.... I did get my grocery shopping completed except for special orders at the meat market in Pettisville... I had decided on a much simpler menu this year than most.... I know only probably one of my blogger friends may know where Pettisville is and that is Sandi.... I know almost all has a favorite place you rely on for this special item you love.... Pettisville Meat Market is one quaint little place like that for me.... I have ordered their potato salad they hand make there along with many other items... It is the best potato salad in the U.S. in my eyes... This little market makes the best of the best... I also have ordered a beef... it is like sliced thin prime rib they place in their special BBQ sauce... Just wonderful for sandwiches... This will be my second meat as I will also be placing a old fashion ham in the oven.... Seems I have been in the kitchen allot the past few days... This morning I made a cranberry relish salad and a dutch apple pie to take to my church as we had a parishioner and friend pass away.... I have also been catching up with being away from the house on vacation and preparing for Eggie Day... so kitchen area has been busy..... I am sure many of you are also dashing around trying to wonderful things for your friends and family.... I also did a bad thing yesterday... I opened up some of the candy ... well ok the jelly beans... and now Tom and I are both out of control.... Tom said last night... " do you think we'll have any left for the kids"???? My son was here when the comment was made and got a big laugh when the answer was " OH yea... I bought another bag." Cause the jellybeanacholics can't leave them alone...
Guess I am going to pass on the coloring of Easter eggs also ... Tom grand kids are not into the colored eggs and Toms kids aren't either.... and mine would rather have deviled eggs so no colored eggs this year... It will be the first in many years.... It is funny how Easter has changed ... colored eggs was hugh when I was a child and of course a basket and a bonnet... Now a days ... it's like the kids expect a new car or something.... I do feel for these children as I think they are missing out on all the small wonderful things in life..... My special memories of small treasures that are precious to this day.... Guess what it is not too cold for Tom.... he's on his way over to the golf course to join a few other guys who aren't right either..... Oh BRRRRR.....

3 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Hello there Marietta! Just wanted to stop by and say you won my Marie Giveaway!!! could you please email me your address at heatherk@zoominternet.net ;))

Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for entering!

Fete et Fleur said...

I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family! Deviled eggs sound yummy.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

Nancy

Sandi said...

Marietta,
I know exactly where the Pettisville meat market is! I absolutly LOVE their turkey salad and I purchase some whenever I am in the Archbold area. It is sooooo good!

Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned with your family. Blessings to you and yours!