Monday, April 6, 2009

The Buds Are Covered

Oh my... the small delicate buds are being covered with snow today but it is not staying long as our ground was somewhat warm... North of us had schools cancelled and a large amount of snow.... I was going to place some Easter Embellishment outside for our family this weekend but have changed my mind.... I am down to I WILL JUST FEED THEM..... and enjoy the company.... We are suppose to get mid 50's by weekend again... I still don't mind as I am still very glad to be home.... I have developed a cold.... I think the other day when I decided I want to lay outside in my bathing suit on the deck in the sun when it was mid 50 may not have been one of my smarter choices... I wanted to maintain my tan but it have to fade away as it is hard to find the sun in my area..... I will have to go with the old Doris Day song "What Will Be Will Be"........


3 comments:

Sandi said...

Our buds are covered too. :( I hope they will survive... I hate to think of spring with no blossoms. It just wouldn't be the same.

So sorry you have a cold. Hope you feel better soon!!
Blessings!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Northern Alabama had a few fluries yesterday with at short cold snap. Just when the dogwoods were at peak. Dogwood Winter is a new term to me, but makes sense. I love the cold personally. I have to hold off on planting anything for a while for sure. I hope you are feeling better when you read this.
Take care!
Marcie

kathy said...

No snow here but windy and cold - yikes it was almost 80 -last Saturday -- kathy - ga