Monday, April 20, 2009

PICTURE THIS




Picture this... a re- purpose.... The above first two photos are of a old clunky wood shabby distressed wood mantle clock I re- purposed and placed a photo into... I am going to look for a couple old alarm clocks... not working as I have a couple antique photos I want to frame... I would like them to be in the old clocks.... The brown clock has not been keeping good time and I placed a battery in it a couple minutes ago and if it is not the battery it is also going to have a new life.... The brown clock is not old.... It was damaged and I bought it for a couple bucks at hobby lobby a few years ago.... As I have posted several times lately I am really not putting any money out at this time period for my junking habits but still searching the house for little things stored I may be able to re -purpose..... I honestly believe if you look at something and thing of a different use for it you can make your home fresh.....It may be a bit of a challenge but oh how great for the budget.....why not create some fun for yourself today and go on a treasure hunt..... IN YOUR OWN HOME.......Another great trick is to move things around allot.... because as we know new placement always makes something feel new..... don't be afraid of re- purpose with some paint and some vintage jewelry... I am always trying to place a piece of jewelry on some object.... At my house it's like look out... don't set there too long or you will be embellished.....Don't be afraid to pick up a old clock... it is truly is a great way to display a old photo.....all the little extra thoughts make for a cozy retreat.....


6 comments:

Sandi said...

I LOVE this idea!! I don't have any old mantle clocks, but I do have an old alarm clock.

I saw several antique clock faces (just the cardboard part with the numbers) at a garage sale up by Ann Arbor a year or two ago and have kicked myself several times since then for not buying them. They were only $1 each I think and one even had pink roses on it! Live and learn I guess! *SIGH*
Hugs~

Sandi said...

PS I LOVE your chippy shabby clock too!! Great find!

The Feathered Nest said...

I've always loved this idea Marietta!! Your clock is just gorgeous too! I love anything having to do with clocks...hope you are doing great sweetie! xxoo, Dawn

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

What a great idea and it looks so cool, thanks so much for visiting me!
Hugs~Kelly

kathy said...

Um love these Marietta - i too have so many project things -I bought and bypassed as I found the next thing -- Need to get it done -
or cleaned out -- Hugs _kathy - ga

redesigned said...

Marietta,
Hello, I love the picture clock idea. It looks great! I agree with you, changing up your room's decor gives it a fresh look without the huge cost. Keep posting the great ideas and tips.

Smiles, Christine