Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What We Expect

My thoughts as I sit typing my post to you is I have never really considered myself as having the desire to live in more than a modest style home with a touch of quaint style to it. Never have I had a desire to live in a very large home with mega footage. Reality is ... as I have stated before in posting... I love our comfy home. Not having to have intercoms on each room to communicate with each other but just enough room you can seek a small quiet haven if desired. To be on a budget but still allowing ones self to have sweet and lovely touches, this is enough for me. Glam and quaint are two of my favorite terms and can be very simple to achieve. The way we love to live with objects that mean so much more than the large size of a home. personal belongings stimulate our minds and our hearts.
Having much more in life than a person requires, I cannot see it as a blessing you truly appreciate . It just becomes something you learn to EXPECT. This is my eyes becomes a down-fall for all humanity. I do believe this to be where our American people are in the world right at this very moment. I also know to many my thinking may not seem right but I can tell you... through my years of aging and into the senior years... what you have accumulated will not make you remembered the way you would like... unless you choose to share with many.... only a select few will remember. Sharing lovely meals and quality time in your comfy little home will make you highly appreciated and remembered... Fond memories. So many of my blogger friends share their wonderful homes and families through the post they place on their blogs. I have so many I love to visit that seem to share the small gifts in life I also treasure. I visit many sites and blogs that are beyond my means and desires but enjoy them also. My choices in my life style definitely is not for everyone, but I am also very thankful I have everything I feel I need. WANT can over come and take true pleasures from one's life. In many cases this can be learned through the everyday process we call "Life". Enjoy small treasures and learn to be content and enjoy. You will be so very glad you did......

2 comments:

Antiques In Old Town said...

I agree ...My 1500 sg ft home is my HAVEN ! I would rather enjoy my small home and be a MARY than hustle around being a MARTHA tooooooo much to take care of and no time to really CARE...Little things do mean a lot we don't want to miss them...

Sandi said...

You said that so well!! I can't count the times I have said to my husband that he is "lucky" that I don't need a lot of money to make me happy! LOL I don't need a new car and a new home. I am content with my life as it is. Once in awhile I think it would be nice to have the funds to hire a full time gardener...but then that thought quickly passes! LOL
Blessings~