Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daily Chores

Today has been a cleaning day....As I sit and rest from time to time my mind wanders to a poem on days of the week I remember reading.... I thought I would write my own version of feelings....
As I work my way through every day of the week I thank God with a very humble heart for giving me this day... I can't change the past nor do I know the future..... I need to make present memories and cherish them as they were my last....
Monday....Wash Day.. Make others happy, use my talents, and wash away selfishness.
Tuesday.... Ironing Day... Help my family, neighbors, and friends iron out their problems..
Wednesday... Mending Day... Look at every day as a challenge.... and do what I can to help mend the hearts of others
Thursday.... Cleaning Day.... With a kind deed for all I need clean thoughts and a pure heart.
Friday....Cooking Day.... Cook to nourish the body and the soul and share with others without fear of tomorrow.
Saturday... Shopping Day... Shop for all the wants and needs of others, wasting not energy in a useless way...
Sunday.... The Family Day... The Lord's Day to be shared with family and friends looking only on the bright side of life....

Ps. I am doing this post and I have country music in the back ground coming from the dish on TV.... The music and post doesn't go together and has placed a big old smile on my face.... It's Randy singing through his nose " On The Other Hand"...

4 comments:

SharDon Exclusives said...

My Momma was a clipper...she clipped out all sorts of articles from books and the newspaper. Here is a clipping I thought I would share with you:
DIRTY DISHES
Thank God for dirty dishes
they have a tale to tell
While others go hungry,
we're eating very well.
With Home, Hearth, & Happiness
I shouldn't want to fuss.
For by this stack of evidence,
God's very good to us.

Blessings to you,
Sharon

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Marietta!
What a darling picture! Where on earth do you find such cuties?? It reminds me of when Wes & I were first married - I kept burning dinner after dinner and finally had to shoe him out of the kitchen so I could get things out of the broiler and oven before they were burned to a crisp!! LOL Sweet memories!

Hugs, sherry

Sandi said...

Love your thoughts. Makes a person really stop and think and be thankful!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

I adore your cleaning day poem!!

Where do you get all your sweet vintage images??