Monday, September 21, 2009

Lavishness

I have found as I have stated in past post, to live in lavishness, it need not cost a fortune... Beautiful lines, and laces, forgotten scraps, ribbons, hankies, dried hydrangeas and roses,with the tucks of mixes of costume jewelry can create a vision of loveliness for fall and transfer into the decorating of the holiday season. Old fashion touches of ornaments of the past and objects, time worn can add pretty and personal touches. As the enchantment of fall and the holiday approaches, we may want to ponder about how we are going to use our existing items and tuck in some new inspiration.... I am working on some tags and just a couple recent thoughts, but mainly I am willing to play the old game of musical chair with my decorations... After all, we must learn to place the true meaning of our everyday life and our holidays... and keep that strong in our minds and hearts... We should try to find everyday time for giving and sharing with loved ones and family members and friends... Make it a wonderful feeling savoring old memories and creating new ones.... As you all know by now I like older looking objects from Victorian-Vintage- and a twist of French... I love old mercury glass bulbs and antique bottle brush items.... Aged ivory and pink.... Yummmmm.... Love ornaments made from old photographs.... You all can do that now..... Today's hussel and bussel warrants us for the need of keeping things simple... So I create lavishness but keep it in a simpler manner... I am off to work on some paper doll ornaments....

PS. I HAVE PLACED SOME PAPER DOLL ORNAMENTS ON EBAY.... I HAVE PLACED A EBAY WIDGET ON THE TOP OF MY BLOG.... IF YOU TYPE IN THE SEARCH...... Paper doll Christmas ornaments.... it will pull up some of my auctions.....

5 comments:

Sandi said...

We love so many of the same things Marietta! I too love old mercury ornaments and aged silver and pink. Wonderful post.
Blessings~

The Victorian Parlor said...

I love old lace and hydragneas and decorating for the Holidays! What fun to surround ourselves and all who visit with lavishness!

BTW, I love your new banner:).

Blessings,

Kim

Fete et Fleur said...

I can't wait. Fall arrives tomorrow!! I'm dreaming of golden leaves and pumpkins.

Nancy

SharDon Exclusives said...

Must go see Etsy but before then I wanted to say thank you for the sweet picture. I am soooo victorian and such a lacy person that your post spoke volumes to me...sharon

bloubell said...

I love your paper dolls, I love paper dolls a lot and vintage is my favorite. Thanks for your generosity. Your blog is lovely. Betty

http://bloubell-alteredexpressions.blogspot.com/