Saturday, October 17, 2009

Seasons Change

I only must stick my toe outside to realize our season has changed. With this change comes anticipation of the holiday season. I already find myself thinking of decorating although I have made myself a promise it will be half as much as I did last year. I still have the desire for it to be lovely for myself and all to enjoy.I love the idea of generous doses of beautiful decorations and togetherness. A wonderful tradition full of warmth by love and sips of hot cocoa as we slip off to bed for sugar dreams to dance in our head....Memories of family and friends warm our spirits on cold winter's eve, just knowing that we were happy to be together and allowing a family tradition to grow richer than any material possessions.
In our area in Ohio, fall seems to have slipped right on by us and winter seems to be whispering a gentle hello. In a few short weeks we will be giving " THANKS" and brighten others lives with our sharing... As the next few weeks unfold I enjoy slipping into a state of beauty as we surround ourselves with a state of twinkling glow, and abundance of exquisite decorations amongst the ice and snow. Snippets of evergreen will start to appear as we prepare for the holidays as they draw near.

1 comment:

June said...

I wanted to come over and see your blog after I saw the sweet message you left for me today. Of course I had to read awhile and then I saw your beautiful journal that you had done through Heathers on line class. It is beautiful. I have loved seeing everyone's journals and seeing yours was a real treat.
HUgs,
June