Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sharing Ideas

Hello and welcome... I am so very glad you stopped in today to share in my words.... I tryed to condense this post to give you a little bit of ideas to run with.... but maybe you best toss off your shoes, get a extra comfy pillow and a lovely vintage tea cup and a sip of tea for the visit.... I would also be delighted if you place me on your list of favorites and come back and visit often... In my searching and sifting today, I found a whole bunch of notes I had jotted down on ideas and some words I used at one of my floral demostrations I put on before retiring... I find just writing and blogging to be much easier than speaking in front of a crowd...I am very glad I am not doing that anymore.... I usually am very quiet in a crowd unless I find someone who shares my love of vintage and time-worn inspired by memories of days gone by.... then words seem to flow like a near-by stream.... Come with me today and share in a cup of tea as I re-write some of these words.... Some of these thought came from research in books and some came to me when I should have been sleeping... These are older notes so I can't tell you what books they were researched from anymore...



IDEAS FOR TEAS........



Have a brunch... by invitation and include your spouse if desired....



* Bridal Shower Tea..... every guest brings a gift of a lovely teacup and saucer and can be filled with some lovely goodies.... What a wondeful way to start a teacup and saucer collection.... Teacup can be new or from a elegant antique or gift shoppe... Of course my choice would be from a antique store.... Serve your traditional tea sandwiches and desserts... On china of course...



* Birdhouse Theme... here's one for Dawn at the Feathered Nest... A birdhouse theme starting at the door... Hang a decorated birdhouse... Bird related wreath on door... Make bird nest centerpieces or bird nest favors... Course have eggs in them.... And for your tea sandwiches have egg salad and other desserts and treats....



*Golfers Lunch... For the golfers ladies and possible men also... a mixed scramble..... Start off with a invitation stating... "It's hole on fun at the _Moser's_... come putter around at brunch ... Tee Time____ a.m. RSVP...

Display old golf clubs with ivy and florals.... Tees can be used for fresh fruit bits.... Let you imagination be creative....



* A Picnic Basket Tea.... A Tisket... A Tasket... Lunch is served in a basket.... This can be a very simple lunch... Sandwiches and chips even served in brown bag lunch sacks... Hot or Iced Tea... This would be a wonderful surprise for a co-worker in a small work place on a birthday or just as a special treat for the day....



* Give Me A "T".... Tailgate Party Ohio State.... Serve chili and Velveeta cheese dip fondue and yes it could be from the tailgate of your car.... Hot tea and a treat....



*Racing.. Indy or Nascar... Mine would have to be Sam Hornish Jr.... our hometown boy... Hot sandwiches and beverages and of course checkered flags....



*Country Western.... Country music softly playing in the background.... Insert a vase into a pair of western boots and fill with flowers.... New farmer hankies as liners in baskets and as napkins.... Chocolate gold coins... This would also be great served in brown paper bag sacks... Of course Texas Sheet Cake for dessert... Hot or cold Teas....



* Victorian Tea... Of course we can't omit the Victorian tea... I have done this one several times... Using paper dolls{ I can fix you right up with those} lace doilies and of course roses.... Copy a paper doll and use the back for your info ... Must have cucumber sandwiches and at least 3 desserts ... Lovely china is a must......



*Snowflake Tea.... The winters snowflake brings sparkle and magic to everything it touches.... Sparkle snowflakes are so easy to come by... This would be a lovely Christmas Tea... Search for foods to be served that contain white.... The traditional cucumber on white bread for starts... Snowflake cookies with white icing and sugars... A creme cheese dip... Strawberries serve dipped in white chocolate... Again let the imagination work... and ideas become endless.....

TIPS.........

* Candles are always a must....

*Fragrance is always a must...

*Soft music for the occasion always a must....

*When at all possible use real linens... usually always a must... a few times will paper work out the best.......

*Let your everyday objects share in your magic.....






5 comments:

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Marietta,
It is always nice to visit and I hope you are feeling well. Seems like you are peaceful and calm. I haven't been blogging much, or commenting either. Just finding rest in the wee hours looking. Very busy as we bought a house, packing and moving again...but then I can rest. I'm really getting to old for moving. I look forward to decorating again and using the things I have in boxes for far too long. I will see you again, your blog is a nice place to rest in this wacky world!
Enjoy your day!
Marcie

The Feathered Nest said...

So many wonderful ideas Marietta!!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me too! I do love bird themed items ~ I always love your creative ideas...thank you for the inspiration sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Sandi said...

What great ideas Marietta! Thanks for sharing them with us. I think we all need to take more time, slow down and enjoy the little things in life.
Blessings~

The Victorian Parlor said...

Marietta,

What wonderful ideas! I love to host teas and am always looking for new and exciting things to try!

Blessings,

Kim

kathy said...

Marietta , you always have such lovely ideas -- I need to have a tea party -- a slower pace -- time to smell the roses I love --
THis blog world has inticed me to be busy --MY own fault --
Thank yoou for all the great ideas --kathy - ga