Friday, October 16, 2009

Smile

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile"

When times and thoughts seem to be a a lower level... inspiring verses can become reminders to always dream, always hope, always love.


Some people find inspiration in the visual rather than the written arts. It is a true gift to be able to find inspiration in both. This allows us to enjoy more and to appreciate all things pretty. For my personal beauty I love the old traditions of something old, something new, something borrowed, something pink...{ok something blue} Borrowing another era's lovely inventions of a lovely pink rose china plate and sugar dishes make me melt into gel. We are offered such a large array of treats with a trip of charm to antique store turning out pretty china dishes , cut-glass bowls, dessert glasses and hand-painted and jeweled objects.. Tucked among may come lovely hand-written pages, parchments, aged papers and song sheets... I often wonder of the person and the love they shares when he would press a flower in the folds of his letter as his father may have done for his mother. Again I think there can be no greater or lovely sentiment than one written on one's own hand. The pleasures that were felt by one tying a lovely ribbon around the hand-written words and placing them in a lovely box for keeping for a eternity. Every once in a while the lasting sentiments make their way into a antique shop or a auction still tucked in their beautiful storage box with the lovely faded ribbon of time. Love letters in their beauty and inspiration do not make the same plea or have the intimacy so delicate when placed on high technology. Whether defined by intricate writings or roses clusters I have drawn my inspiration from all. All these gives you a reason to enjoy beauty and sentiments. Do you realize a rose alone or a lovely hand-written note can make the smile that someone is falling in love with.





3 comments:

Sandi said...

Every time I see old photos or letters at an antique store I wonder why the family has parted with them. I am very sentimental and could never do that, but I suppose everyone isn't like me. :)
Hugs~

SharDon Exclusives said...

When I first got my computer I wondered what all the "fuss" was about but then I found blogging. The sweet ladies that I have never met connect with me and understand me in a way that no one ever has. I seem to be more "real" than what people preceive me to be in person. But there is nothing quite as personal as a hand written note. I cherish each one that I receive. The written word is somehow more personal than a computer message. But computers are great so we can develop our friendships without visual judgements and opinions. Blessings to you, Marietta, have a wonderful fall weekend.
Sharon

Cynthia K. said...

I read some older posts of yours and enjoyed them. Will sign up as follower in a moment (if the follower thingy lets me--it has been acting up all day).

Cynthia K.