Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Walk To The Mailbox

Do you remember when a walk to the mailbox use to be allot more enjoyable? There would always be a chance that a lovely hand-written letter or a beautiful card may be waiting there for you. Sometimes I am in complete amazement how much junk can get in our mailboxes... Seems to me to be a complete waste. Almost daily most of our mail goes directly to our burn box.{ Living in he country we can burn our paper.}

I personally have mixed emotions as I love the Internet for emails and quick answers and resources but gosh, I miss the lovely cards and personal letters written with special care... It is speciality that comes with the hand -written notes. For all of you whom love making hand-made cards or a lovely scrap items please continue to share them with family and friends... The sentiment is so sincere. There is no greater simple joy than walking to the mailbox and finding a simple treat waiting there from your house to mine... I believe sincerely all the special thoughts we send to each other will have all the makings for a bright year... makes us give thanks for the gift of friends and family and for the merriest of times....

SINCERELY... {remember when almost every letter was signed like this} I love the word sincerely......it is a beautiful word with a love sentiment......




2 comments:

Karen said...

Good morning!
I so agree. On both counts. I love the internet. I don't know what I'd do without it. But - my goodness, when I was growing up, the mailman used to be our best friend! Now . . . I don't even know them. I used to love to get mail. Long, long letters, and we saved them! They were precious!

Times have sure changed!

(I can remember also waiting for my favorite magazine "Jack and Jill". I would sit down and do it in one afternoon and then be mad at myself for not taking my time and spreading it out to last for a while. LOL!)

Wonderful post! Email me your address again, I'm sorry I didn't keep it!!! and I will send you a card! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Have a great day! Karen

Sandi said...

I agree with you 100% Marietta. I have always been a letter/card writer. I suppose I have slacked somewhat with the internet and email, but I still love to send good old fashioned things through the mail.
Hugs~