Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Winter Approaches

As winter approaches I will be changing my thoughts to the green of the fir tree and for hoped family gatherings and the warmth of a fire aglow and oh , let us not forget the whisper of our first snow.... Winter allows more time to reminisce of memories past. Under the snow lite night of the stars that seem to twinkle to be a part of the sparkle that lies beneath.... There is a magic that seems to happen every year as the winds and snow is blowing and the nights are cold and clear.... as we spend our time inside the warmth of our homes with our families we hold so dear.... I look at the calendar and know the time is here for quite a while, and will try to plan each and everyday with projects and reading ... It can be a good time for each and all as we travel into the winter to draw absent ones toward home again. Winter time traditions are past along with the memories of times past and a few stolen kisses under the mistletoe... Our winter season is fast approaching.... a time to enjoy winters chilly kiss and reminisce.....

2 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

There are times I wish for snow. I'd love to curl up, read a book or have a good movie on, have a fire burning and be surrounded with my family, couldn't be any better than this!

Laurie said...

I find myself thinking of the holiday season ahead. I do like Autumn and I am trying to enjoy each day as it comes. But Christmas seems to come faster every year and I want to savor the season before the dreary Winter months set in. I have already dragged out my favorite Christmas decorating books and I am going over cookie recipes.

Your journals are lovely. I decorate in whites, creams and pinks for Christmas too...