Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Embrace The Holidays

When children are young, family traditions seem to be more sentimental.... As kids and parents as well become older, families try to keep their lovely cherished memories alive.... It should become the responsibility of the children to create precious moments with their young families....If we allow excuses of being too busy become prevalent we soon loose our family traditions.... Teaching our children bonds although they can be somewhat different from the past becomes very important.
Remember, if you are given a chance help your mother bake cookies, rap presents, decorate, share all things that will become precious memories... Otherwise you are cheating yourself from little treasures of the heart... If mom and dad are aging bring them to your house so they can share in some of these things even if it is just to sample the cookies.... They will love you even more for it... I would love to be able to have my mother back to help with the baking and the wonderful conversation shared years ago but I do have the memories.... We must understand the importance of sharing these moments or they will truly vanish....
Throughout the coming posts I will be sharing some very lovely traditions and legends with you....
Combining holiday traditions can be both a joy and a challenge... Honoring traditions allows yourself to be flexible and offers chances for bonding experiences... Sometimes we can learn from disappointments and emphasize sacrifice and reinforce the true meaning of the holidays... I think in many families that are broken ties through divorce... this becomes a very important part of the holiday season... Most of all be understanding and loving so all gets to enjoy the traditions of the holidays even though some may be changing....
Finally remember our attitude toward the holidays will impact our family... If you don't respect that the seasons have become so commercial { as I do not myself } .... make your own traditions...

EMBRACE THE HOLIDAYS....... THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH REASONS TO CELEBRATE LIFE.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traditions are so very important. And you are so right they don't have to be big and fancy or cost anything. There is such a misconception that you have to spend money to go places and do things outside the home to create memories. Some of my favorite memories growing up were those I spent in the kitchen with my Nana and Mom baking Christmas cookies. I so hope I have been creating the same things for my children.

Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog ~
Hugs))

kathy said...

Marietta , YOu always have such a wonderful uplifting spirit --Kathy - ga ♥

Sandi said...

Very good post Marietta. I used to bake a lot of goodies and have gotten away from that over the past few years. I think I need to get back into that...at least a little anyways. My BFF and I used to get together and bake to and that has somehow went by the wayside as well. Maybe we can revive that tradition this year.
Hugs~

The Victorian Parlor said...

I agree! I look forward to reading more about your Holiday traditions:).

Blessings,

Kim

Rita said...

Dear Marietta,
thank you so much for your inspiring post. You are absolutely right about traditions and sometimes I realize that having lost my family of origin to death I'm slowly moving away from tradition without even realizing it. thank you so very much for reminding me how important it is that we bring up our children with the right concept of tradition which has nothing to do with all this business-money thing but is our true and everlasting heirloom dwelling within our being.
Love
Rita

Rita said...

Hi, it's me again,
I had simply forgotten to tell you i love your header photo. so romantic and charming.
rita