Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Legends and Ornaments


Legend Of The Bird's Nest.......
Wanting to share with you my bird's nest that sits in the branches of my tree this year and the legend behind it if you haven't heard of it as I have for years... According to a old German legend if you find a bird's nest you harvest for Christmas you will have a entire year of health and happiness.... I hope you will tuck a small bird's nest on one of your branches of your tree this year with all the best wishes of the legend.......




Legend Of The Christmas Nail.........
It is go be hung on a sturdy branch... A branch near the trunk... A branch that will hold a spike without being noticed by well wishers dropping by to adore and admire your lovely tinseled and embellished tree , twinkling with sweet lights...... The nail is known only to the home that hangs it there... Understood only by the heart that knows it's significance... It is hung with the thought...... The Christmas tree foreshadows the Christ tree which only he could decorate for us by offering us salvation through his crucifixion.....
This legend is new to me this year after researching...... I loved the thought and meaning behind it and placed a spike on a tag with the meaning to remind me all the true reasons for the seasons.........
"Never worry about the size of your Christmas Tree.... In the eyes of a child , they are all 30 feet tall" Larry Wilde

10 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Marietta...
Good Morning sweetie. I so love this post of yours. I did not know the legend of the little nest, but I will be picking one up at the craft store today. I have to have one for my tree, and I will be buying one for each of my grown kids trees also. I'll have to make a hang tag for it. What did you use to make the crystal look on the nest and the nail? I love it.

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to make one nail for each of us also. I may make up several and give them to guests when they leave our house throughout the holiday season. It is just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie. Country hugs...Sherry

The Rustic Victorian said...

Beautiful Marietta...I may just make some too for gifts,,,you might have just started something! I see sweet Shari is doing it too.
Marcie
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I loved the post!!
...Happy Thanksgiving .....

Love,
Marilyn

The Feathered Nest said...

What beautiful traditions and legends Marietta ~ I just LOVE your nest and will remember this when I put my tree up this year. Thank you so much for stopping by to see me...have a wonderful Thanksgiving sweet friend! hugs and love, Dawn

Miss Rhea said...

Oh, I LOVE the Nail story and will do this :) I am SO grateful for The One who took nails for Me and You :) Happy Thanksgiving Sweet Lady !! ( I need a nest too, lol :) )

SharDon Exclusives said...

Marietta, what a sweet post. I loved both the nest and the nail. I will see if I can find one so that I can carry on this tradition. How lovely, that our Lord was born for US! How sad that we had to loose Him to such a time as that but How blessed we are that He gave His all to make us free! Thank you, Marietta, for this post, I cherish your words,
Sharon
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Sandi said...

What neat legends Marietta! I think I need to start the nail tradition and remember even more the true meaning of Christmas.
Blessings~

Sheila Rumney said...

What lovely traditions. I have always had birds in my tree, but now will be hunting for a nest.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

kathy said...

Oh Marietta so lovely -- THnak you for sharing -- It so captured my heart-- that It made me have tears -- God is so good to have snet his son -- Oh what a sweeet present to those who know it's significance --Kathy - ga ♥-- will share one with all three frown children and my 2 Grands who all know Jesus -- OUr family is truly blessed --
*** And I am blessed by this years Blogging friendship with you . Thank you sweet friend -- KAthy - ga ♥

Lyneen said...

I have been hopping around your blog and it is beautiful!!!! I will be following you... TFS so much!