Monday, November 2, 2009

Traditions

There are countless ways to celebrate cherished holiday traditions... How does your family celebrate that makes the upcoming next two months so special? What traditions are you teaching your family that they will carry with them? What little touches make the season extra special? Decorating of course always is the best way to set the mood... Mixing vintage, antique, and new makes a wonderful collection.... Bottle brush trees, feather trees, home-made stockings, and charming delicate ornaments and of course a wonderful old Santa or two... All these wonderful objects of the past and present makes beauty and ambiance to behold... Seems every piece has a story to tell, and brings back a memory... And let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas.... the nativity set...... Making the birth of Jesus and the magic of Christmas just go hand on hand like a happy marriage.... The sights of holiday always should bring joy to our hearts... Have you started to think of your decorating and how you will be making it very special? Have you ever used old beautiful sheet music to add to your vintage appeal? Old sheet music can be used as wrapping paper, makes wonderful place mats and guest cards... makes charming paper cones and scrolls for tree ornaments to blend your look together... Old sheet music or song books are easily found in antique shops... These pieces of the past can be equally as unique for Thanksgiving and Christmas... Cones resembling cornucopia's of sheet music filled with nuts make charming favors.... I recently purchased 2 song books for 75 cents each... If you are having a large gathering you could tape the pages from the back and make into place mats.... make small cones filled with nuts or candies....and a couple strips made into napkins rings with the addition of your favorite color ribbon you would care to decorate with and you have created a table setting for under 5.00...... Completing your decorating early allows more time to be enjoyed and also frees yourself up so you don't have to miss out enjoying the season due to letting the things on your list mount up... Tap into the season now, get a plan and enjoy the preparation........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about my Christmas decorating ~ all pink and creams, just soft and lovely. I love the idea of using old sheet music for different projects. If I can find some I thought I might make some tussie~mussie using some dried roses and herbs. I love the idea of filling them with nuts for Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for your ideas.
P.S. I started a new blog, I hope you stop by for a visit.

Sandi said...

I have starteed thinking about Christmas decor also Marietta. Don't have a clue what I will actually be doing , but will be utilizing all the decor I already have. I love to use old sheet music too!!
Blessings~

SharDon Exclusives said...

Marietta, I love Christmas decorations. I have collected Christmas ornaments since I was a new bride in 1965. I made the only ornaments that I had from milk weed pods. I still have three of them hanging on my tree each year along with one my 42 year old daughter made me when she was 3. Decorating my tree each year is a trip down memory lane. This year I will add a beaded ornament that I am working on. Your ideas are always so sweet but this one rings so true. Stop in and see the Santa that I posted.
Always, thank you for your sweet spirit that rings through all your posts.,
Abundant Blessings, dear one,
Sharon