Friday, November 6, 2009

Traditons and Little Christmas Tree

Holiday traditions have always remained very important in my eyes and in my heart. It meant time spent with grandparents and cousins, eating grandma's home-made cookies and once in a rare moon there may be a small gift or hand-made mittens or cap.... I came to value these special pleasure and never want to take any for granted. The small treasures and memories are created in my mind year after year....

I love this little story that I have seen comes with some Christmas ornaments....

On the day of Christ's birth all come and shared gift to bear... except one little Christmas tree who cried he had nothing to share.... Hearing his distress, an angel of God from above, sent twinkling lights to grace the tree and shine with all their love. Evergreens appeared on limbs once bear, the gift of ever-lasting life Jesus would declare... So remember when you see a Christmas tree so bright, that God's love shines for us in every twinkling light.....


3 comments:

kathy said...

Marietta - Oh such a lovely
sentiment about a Christmas tree and It all leads back to __ The REASON for the christmas Season -- I would love to use this on a tag -- Is that possible or copyrite free - And all your lovely pictures -- Are all of them part of your collection ???
They are so Darling -- ??
Kathy - ga ♥

Hearts Turned said...

Good morning, Marietta! So glad I found your beautiful blog this morning! I'm a vintage-loving girl as well, and love your images, thoughts and the sharing of history--I love to do that, too. I'm your newest follower and will be back often. Have a wonderful day!

Celestial Charms said...

What a sweet story, one I had not ever heard. The angels on the postcard you posted today are lovely. I so enjoy seeing your vintage images.
Have a great day!
Maureen