Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Evenings and Holiday Movies





In the evenings I enjoy sitting and enjoying little tucks of Christmas and look forward to watching holiday movies on the television that have stared airing nightly..... This weekend I watched " The National Tree "and "A Dog Named Christmas" that I enjoyed very much. So many movies are available for evening entertainment some bringing tears and some bringing laughter or both.
Many movies like "The Christmas Box".... deplicks a elderly woman whom decides to advertise for a couple who can cook and do light house work and keeping for her.... And since the house is quite large... she can accomodate a family with children, if need to be... As it happens, a family and their four year old daughter are in desperate need of a new home. Since they are squeezed into a tiny one bedroom apartment. When the two sides come together , and they young man learns a priceless lesson from the elderly woman and her Christmas Box...
As the movies start viewing although viewing up to several times over the years they are still like unwrapping gifts of pleasure every year......
" The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree , the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other "..... Burton Hillis


4 comments:

Karen said...

ME TOO! I love the Hallmark channel around the Holidays. I loved A Dog Named Christmas. I taped the Nat'l Tree, but haven't watched it yet. I'm waiting for White Christmas, I should just buy it on a DVD so I don't have to hassel the commercials, but every year I just set it to record whenever it is on and watch it as soon as I can. It's a tradition I remember as a kid. Love it!
HAGE!!! Karen

Cynthia K. said...

Marietta ~ Hi there! I'm trying to catch up tonight so I went back several posts and I want to tell you I'm really enjoying the little Christmas stories and legends you are sharing. One of my favorites is the Christmas Nail - how deep and important is that - even though He was born, if He had not been crucified with those big nails, He would not have fulfilled God's plan and we would be without a Savior.

The other that really touched my heart was The Christmas Cat - I love my kitties and this sweet little tabby in the story was so tender and such a blessing. Thank you, dear heart, for finding these lovely story blessings for us...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

meg4fancast said...

I never saw a Dog Named Christmas. I'm intrigued! Fancast actually has tons of classic holiday movies up. Check it out- http://www.fancast.com/specials/holidays

Jennifer said...

Cool pink Santa Marietta!Jennifer