Friday, January 8, 2010

No Place Like Home

As we travel on into the month of January, Christmas is slowly becoming another memory. Yesterday and over-night our area has been covered with many layers of a hugh white blanket... It is just beautiful... looking out.. Last evening when you turned the outdoor lights on.. the snow was glittering like the finest of diamonds... I am still hunting inspiration and have found several wonderful objects but lack the budget for many...
I need to keep thinking like Karla at http://karlascottage.typepad.com
as she has been sharing her zero dollars decorating the past few of her posts with her little re-do's that are quite lovely. Need some inspiration, if you haven't stopped by her blog.... take a trip over. There is much to enjoy.
Tom is out venturing in the snow and blowing fluffy snow with the blower on the tractor mower... traveling high in the air as he cleans the walks and driveway and the mailbox out so we don't miss our monthly bills...
Now that I have managed to tear myself away from my warm bed that was giving me a warm hug... and sipping my coffee that was adding warmth to my hands and wonderful aroma... I need to warm up the old body engine and find a project for today.
Our homes and families are the center of our lives... Adding beauty and vintage appeal is always a goal of mine to make life filled with what I love and to share with others. This is something we all need to do for one's self. It doesn't just happen. For at the end of the day we all have one place we want to be the most, no matter what we do or who we are and that is be at home..... It's just the best...... A very special best wish and blessing is sent to each one of you today.......

1 comment:

Stella said...

I agree, there is no place like home. The best thing is your decorating doesen't have to please anyone but you. I like to go shopping in my own home. I always have a few thing tucked away I bought just because they grabbed my heart. Have a great day enjoining your snow wonderland.