Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pie Safe Vignette

I am having a cleaning day and starting to change Vignettes this morning.... This may take awhile... thought I would share my first change with you this morning..... This vignette is placed a top a wonderful early 1800's pie safe.... one of my favorite wood pieces I have.... I have loved this piece for many years in my home....I placed aged silver pieces and of course my lovely mercury glass dome with french printing from Jeanne d Arc..... It is my touch of France in this vignette.....Personally I love the Victorian and french together... for me it works..... ok.... I am off to the wood server piece that stands next to the pie safe.... Wishes for you to enjoy a lovely day......

9 comments:

kathy said...

OH girl , so beautiful -- trying not to covet the wonderful cruet set -- but all is so lovely - had to play catch up on your blog -- wonderful finds on your shopping trip- I esp love the VAlentine childs book and the lettering -- have one similar -- SO FUN --OH by the way -- HAve you tried Prinitn on cloth from your computer -- It works wonderfully -- see DAwns expalnations --some new and others from a while back on printing on cloth -- Kathy - ga ♥

The Victorian Parlor said...

The vignette is gorgeous! You did a marvelous job:).

Blessings,

Kim

Laurie said...

Beautiful pie safe and I love the mirror above it as well. I love old wood pieces, I must admit I prefer original wood pieces rather than painting them...
Hugs))

Miss Gracie's House said...

Wonderful...victorian is my most favorite style...and the hat with the *BIG* feathers made me smile:)
Rene'

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
What a beautiful vignette you have created!! I especially love your mercury glass dome from French Larkspur and your crown topped bottle. Oh yes and the beautiful cruet set!! Everything really! lol
Hugs~

The Feathered Nest said...

Such gorgeous displays sweet Marietta!!! You have such a way of putting things together, and you're right that IS a gorgeous piece of furniture....I love seeing what you're up to, hugs and love, Dawn

Patti's Artful Design said...

Love your style!

Torie Jayne said...

Hi, Looks fantastic! So very pretty! Have a sweet day!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling I love the scent of the roses too and now I am your number #101 follower. Congratulations at having 100 followers for this lovely blog.

Love & Hugs
Duchess