Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Trip To The Antique Shop























While sipping coffee and enjoying the morning and talking with Tom ... I ask him if he would like to travel to town and go to the antique store.... I just wanted another little song book to scrap with.... We got ourselves around and off we went.... I found a little song book for 75 cents..... then I found a couple other books with a bit higher price on them... The one book is very old and has a couple hundred pages on sign making.... I fell in love with the graphics and the beautiful letters..... Kathy left a comment on my last post about maybe stamping some French letters.... I am going to trying some hand painting as I can recreate letters by hand pretty well.... I am sticking my my thoughts I can't spend a hundred bucks for a french grain sack.....
The other little book was very old and has a lovely cover... I plan on making a Valentine Journal with the cover and using the ages to scrap... The cover is so sweet.... It is falling apart so I don't feel so bad about tearing it apart... It will all be used in one way or another.... I also found the lovely old button.....
I found a lovely old ....old ... glass compote... I think probably Victorian.... that was 95.00 and Tom found a lovely old... but not as old as the compote candy dish he thought I needed.... He Purchased them for me for Valentine's Day.... I think he gets to go along more often.....
I will try to share the lovely glass purchases with you in the next couple days.... I need to clean them up and find a lovely home for them....
If you get to Defiance, you may enjoy going to the antique shop.... It is Fort Defiance Antiques and DeAnna will take very good care of you....She is very honest and takes very good care of you when you shop there. Tell her "Micky" sent you ......
Tom and I will be leaving early evening to attend the Tinora girls basketball game being played at Bryan tonight...... It only takes us 15 minutes or so to get there... so it is just a nice little trip....If you hear any yelling it is just me cheering on our girls team.... Have a great evening...





2 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh Marietta,
So happy for you! We must see that compote. Hubby and I went up to the antique mall where my booth is today to add a few more things, but didn't buy anything. I was good and I need to be good!! :)
Hugs~

Farm Field Primitives said...

Have fun at the game and I can't wait to see your goodies!!!

~Missy~