Saturday, February 27, 2010

Memory Jar

Good Morning.... As I sip my coffee..... in a nice warm home..... I peer out and the scene is pure fluffy marshmallow white from mini marshmallows falling most of the evening as I watched the Olympics.....
I thought I would share the salvaged half gallon olive jar I made into a "Memory Jar"..... I copied a picture of my Mother taken in 1929 when she was 14 and placed it on a grungied envelope I scrunched and coffee stained....... Added aged book shred and covered the lid with book pages and a ribbon and a Memory Jar Tag..... I will search out some mentos and add them into the jar.... such as jewelry... buttons ... snippet of lace ect... I think I will make another and offer it to my daughter as I save my olive jars... The are a budget friendly option instead of a glass cloche..... Speaking of glass cloches I think today I may change a couple of my cloches over to spring... rather a odd thought with the marshmallow world outside.... singing now..... "It's a marshmallow world in the winter... when the snow comes to cover the ground"..... Oh my gosh, I must find something to get my get it up, going..........

9 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

What a wonderful idea. It turned out lovely.

Laurie said...

I love this idea. Very clever and budget friendly!! I made a house blessing jar a while back out of an old milk jar.
Have a happy day!

Myrna said...

Hiya Marietta!
Oh, I love what you did...making a memory jar of your mama! I'd like to do the very same thing with my mom..great idea! Of course, you ALWAYS have great ideas! ;-)
Have a wonderful,cozy and warm weekend!!
Blessings!
Myrna

Charlene said...

Such a sweet jar! And even sweeter to know it's MOM in there. Love how you finished it with the shredded paper. Makes it look even more vintage. Have a great week. Charlene

Sandi said...

Beautiful jar Marietta! You make the neatest things out of stuff we would normally throw away.
Mini marshmallows coming down here too...:)
Blessings~

Cynthia K. said...

Hi there! Well your jar turned out wonderful!! I love that you used a picture of your mother - sweet. Very clever and inexpensive - love that...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Shopgirl said...

This is really special! I never thought of a memorie jar, I have seen little angels, but this is real food for thought...hummmm, what could I do????
Have a wonderful day.
Coming to your blog is always a wonderful adventure...and yes, that last post was sinful!
Hugs, mary

The Victorian Parlor said...

How wonderful! You are so creative!

Blessings,

Kim

Ann Creek said...

It can be difficult to find a cloche around our area so this is a great alternative. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tip.
Ann