Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Simple Things


I did manage to take time and pull myself away from the grain sack projects and bake a old fashion rhubarb pie for us to enjoy... This stocky hardy plant appears every spring... The rhubarb shoots their strength with the thick red stems and elephant green strong leafs... Tom and my favorites are the pies and stewed compote and "oh" the memories past of biting on a piece of it straight from the garden causing the biggest pucker faces....
Just a short note on using simple objects of old aged book pages or old documents can be evoked into many places for a different look... Old documents can be rolled up or stacked together and wrapped with a crinkle ribbon or jute string and be tucked with old reading glasses or photos for a touch of the past... If you love vintage, old penmanship ... can be so appealing to the eye and becoming a lost art.... To me it boosts the eye as I love the color and texture...

1 comment:

Miss Gracie's House said...

That looks delish:)...love what you're doing with the grain sacks...you have beautiful handwriting!
thanks for the encouragement today...I'm sure you do deal with fear after the heart attack...
Rene'