Monday, May 3, 2010

More Junk... More New Life





As promised I would show you more junk... Kinda makes me wonder why you would want to come visit on my show my junk day but I am glad your here... I used one of the spindles I saw laying in the garage and had this tray ready for discard in the shed but frowned and said "why not" and punched a hole in the center of the tray and on the two ends with a nail and hammer ...{I am so skilled} and wired on a couple spoons and screwed the tray to the spindle... Another 10 minute project... but it works for me..... The junk wind chime consists of a cheap silver plated plate and silverware ... old butter holder and lid.. and a key... I hung it out in one of the trees in the front yard near my bedroom window... The wind has been extra ambitious the past couple days and last night while I lay in bed I heard it and it made me smile... close to laughter really.. It brought back a childhood memory of my brother and I when we were allowed to celebrate New Years Eve at midnight by taking a couple pans and wooden spoons and and pounding to our hearts content making a racket... See with my junk I have a great memory.. My brother has now past but that memory will remain dear, every time the wind blows ... especially around midnight and tin pan alley starts in... Recalling those days makes for a sparkling diamond... even in a junkers life.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that tray on a spindle...great idea! Thanks, Sally

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

I LOVE your "junk" treasures! The simpler the better to me! What a perfect idea for the tray and windchime! Treasures made even more special by your sweet memories!

Anonymous said...

Marietta,
I love your garden treasures ~ so much more unique then something you'd pick up at Walmart!
Hugs))

The Victorian Parlor said...

I always love visiting your blog-such inspiration and warm fuzzies:). What a beautiful memory of childhood-thanks for sharing it.

Blessings,

Kim