Monday, June 7, 2010

Controlling Emotions

I thought once winter had past I would be enjoying outdoor spaces and just life in general more but seems for weeks now I have had emotions going in many different directions.... I have been blaming the weather conditions... Today.... I do know for sure that they are weather related after Saturday nights storms and tornadoes raged through counties within a half hours driving range... Reports...pictures... and real facts keep coming in... It will be rather difficult to carry on with normal routines as you are well aware of the loss of others close by... I must carry on however, to create, try to inspire and feel desire to live a beautiful life... Being controlled by emotions only tends to confine us.. I choose to enjoy the moments.. I will be searching for certain things to create happiness or the release of energy for creativity... I know I will be celebrating the home... Having a wonderful place to abide, create, and prepare delicious meals to nurture and take care of our personal needs...
I will be unique and original as it brings me joy... Some items on my favorite list and also very budget friendly to come by are... old jars... crates... vintage luggage... silver... and aged books... All these objects can make a adorable ,charming, feel to your home... always keeping in mind the functionality... Even though the season of summer is very unsettled for us in this area... I have made my self a promise to gain control of my feelings and move forward and accept and make the most of what each day has to offer... and hope for bits and pieces of extraordinary.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post...I try to do this also but sometimes "the day" gets in the way. Then I try to start all over again with a BIG DEEP BREATH!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sandi said...

Oh Marietta,
I so know how you feel. I didn't even know if I wanted to post anything with the devastation all around, but I finally decided to. I pray for all the families who lost someone and all the ones who lost their homes as well.So very sad and unthinkable how life can change so much in an instant. We are definitely blessed!
Hugs~

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Marietta ~ There is so much in life these days that can take away from the joy and beauty of living each day. We all have to work with what we have been blessed with and go from there. I hope your summer is peaceful and you are spared tornadoes.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Stella said...

Sometimes we forget that it is the small things that bring joy to our life. When we hear about the troubles of others it sometimes us pause to count our blessings. I hope this week brings you many small blessings and joys. Stella

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Whats that saying "keep calm and carry on" I think often we all need to remind ourselves to do so,No matter what is going on.
Hope you feel cheerier soon