Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dampering Things

The holiday has made it's way into the history as we return to our everyday schedules....Yesterday turned out to be pretty much of a let down as the heat was so intense in the first part of golf play and then came the storms ending all play long before we were done... We had hugh storms, and I returned again this morning to the course to play the Tuesday morning woman's league .... We should not have been out there today... we played through so much water, I got the giggles, just to keep from crying I think...
I arrived home this morning to find my Jeanne d Ark magazine waiting in my mail box with plans of sifting through pages after this post... I am sure there are some pages of sure delight awaiting...
Tom has just ventured out to do the mowing .... the top grass has dried off some and the forecast is for rain for everyday this week.... He is somewhat concerned that his one farm has not been planted with crops yet with this weeks forecast... This is the farm he buried his money on this spring.... by tiling..... I know he would feel better if it were planted.... but somethings are bigger than we are and rain is one of them...
The school bus has just dropped the children across the road off for the last day this summer so I am sure there are many excited children in the area....
I have been reading so many of your blogs and many are attending events and special sales... I haven't been attending any and am beginning to know I am going to have to do something fun soon... I even think attending a garden walk sounds wonderful to view lovely outdoor sanctuaries with comfy furnishings... When the skies fill and open with down busters such as we had yesterday it places a complete halt on things... It makes it much more difficult to find the beauty of nature on a grey and gloomy day... As I am typing this post I am questioning myself if Tom and I don't need to fill a day with something out of the ordinary and something different and exhilarating... I am always so budget conscious... but also know there are a few times when a person must take their pocket change and run... I may be giving this some very serious thought if the rains start tomorrow as fore casted...I hope you all were able to complete your plans although I know anyone in our area that had outdoor plans they had to be moved... I will be hanging in there and see what the next couple days offer us... Blessings to you....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a VERY hot holiday weekend & actually confined us yesterday with 90+ temps & AC inside. I am so thankful we have the AC.
Last night the heavens opened up & it has rained hard most of today with an occasional T-Storm thrown in for good measure!!
As always...I loved your post!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Olivia said...

Hello my sweets! Congratulations!!!!!!You are the winner of the darling heart pillow in my May giveaway! Hope you love it! Please email me your address, my email is obroeg@yahoo.com!!!!
hugs,
Olivia