Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Inspiration For Following Your Bliss

This picture is one of Carol Spinski's lovely ones from her post... Oh that bed......
The skies have turned and showers are traveling through our area once again... It is very hot and humid... Tom and I went and purchased groceries early this afternoon.. I do not enjoy that... I haven't been on a treasure hunt in many moons... I feel as though I am not following my passion... "WHEN YOU FOLLOW YOUR BLISS...DOORS WILL OPEN WHERE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE DOORS." Joseph Cambell .... That statement is one to keep fresh in our thoughts for our inspiration... I feel the need to do some creating and find some kind of current inspiration... Usually I am looking for my bliss in my outdoor space but storms and heat has really hindered that enjoyment for me...I think from the time I was a kid I had a desire to change something.. A pair of jeans was always a target for embellishment with lace or appliques ,etc... Always the want to use odd and ends and still find myself doing that today... I use to sketch for hours and hours as a teen... I may have painted had the money been available for the supplies...
I loved Carol's pics today on her blog http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/ .. the junk pic were incredible and I would have had the time of m life had I been there...Want to see some great junk....stop over to view here lovely as always blog... I so enjoy going there... I could have be thinking of what I could do with this stuff... I love the old pedestal sink... wouldn't it be Divine in the yard with flowers growing below and then filled to the brim with ice and iced down beverages for a summer yard party... They could grab a beverage as they stroll through the yards... The iron bed is awesome... I could think of many uses for that charmer from indoor to outdoor... Hum ... Stretching the imagination on this great junk....

3 comments:

Olivia said...

OH my thank you for sharing, this summer is terrible in the heat, I can only paint in the late late evening or in my home...sigh.
Hugs,
Olivia
ps do not forget to do something to make your heart sing.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there...just had to come by and thank you for the sweet note you left me,your very kind! All the best,Chrissy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the goodies in the photo and I hope you get out soon. I hope to find some treasures tomorrow..it's garage sale day :)
Deb :)