Friday, June 4, 2010

A New Day

Today is a new day.... Starting out yesterday I let some negative thoughts in and we all know what happens when we allow that to happen.... The sun is shinning..... the forecast as many days as I can see has rain in it but I am hoping for much of it to past by us... I will be praying that the farmers will be able to finish there planting in able to supply funds to support their families... We do need to be reminded we are not in control of all that we would like to be... that someone much greater than us is doing the controlling and may have different plans.....

I haven't placed too much on the agenda for today as I made myself over tired and didn't get to sleep till 4:00 a.m. this morning... I do need to make a trip to town to buy some groceries.... Tonight we will be attending what I expect to be rather a large graduation party.... They have combined 3 graduates together in one party and we were invited to all 3 ..... It is just a hop...skip... and a jump... down the road......

I am happy to report I was able to peel back the top pie crust on my cherry pie and add a crumb topping and finish baking and served it with a scoop of ice cream and actually it was quite delicious..... Tom was able to find the problem with the washer and hopefully has resolved it... Now we will see what today will bring us and take time to remember how great things are most of the time... I should have challenged myself and allowed myself to thoughts that created good spirits instead of giving in to negative....I do know the more negative thoughts you can rule out of your life the more positive energy it can bring and yesterday I crashed and burned for awhile.... I also know I haven't been sleeping well and maybe listening to my body.... I believe I mentioned I really haven't done anything that I truly enjoy for quite a length of time now and think I seriously need to consider working some little pleasant moments in this next coming week.... It seems I have allowed the outdoor space to consume me as it has been a real challenge this year with the rains and clean ups and the pool still not cleaned up and ready for use... We have shocked it twice in 2 weeks and added mega chemicals they keep telling us at the pool store with no success. Tom and I both have never had this occur and are just stunned what to do next.... Maybe it is telling us it is time to think about ridding of all the clutter in our lives and consider a condo.... and just let the rest go... Tom wants to and spends full work day hours on the golf course which is delightful for him but the routines and some everyday chores do get affected...more that bothers me than him...I think it may be time to think about the variety of things available to help stay in touch more to help enhance my ability to create more pleasures in every moment....I need the quality of time spent to mean more and to enjoy the benefits of the quiet times and reduce distractions.....I have read the simplest way to brighten your mood is to step into the sunshine...that the sun is tremendously beneficial for a mental and physical health.... Therefore the lack of it does take a toll on us.... I will be taking time and spending my time with inspiring and beautiful places.... I will be taking more time to enjoy the silence I enjoy and treasure it... Also just asking our self why we are feeling like this ... " what is happening" can be a real fast cure to taking charge of our emotions..... As you can tell by my posting today I wanted to start this day off with some positive thoughts and not repeat any negative that is not necessary.... and just accept the things I cannot change.... Well I need to say goodbye and get myself dressed and ready for a trip to town.... As I listen ... I hear many very happy birds in the background... It is a lovely sound....Wishing you all a very happy and lovely weekend....


6 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

We have to have rainy times in order to enjoy the sunshine....don't be too hard on yourself..you've already bounced back beautifully!!!
Blessings for a fun grad party and a peaceful weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
I am glad your cherry pie turned out good ~ with ice cream, it can't get better than that!
Don't you hate it when you let negative thoughts get the better of you? Happens to be more than I would like. Not that I would like it at all. Sometimes I just an in a grrrr mood and nothing seems to go right or make me happy.
I do agree about the sunshine. I don't like it when it rains for more than 2 days in a row. It's been raining nearly everyday this week and it has been getting me down. Today it's lovely and I do feel better.
Well, I hope you have a wonderful Friday, your blog is always a delight to read. You're so honest and your words are so heartfelt...
Hugs))

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Have you visited Florida? We have LOTS of sunshine (and very hot temps) here -- I'll trade you! :)

Funny, I actually LOVE cool, gray, rainy days... they inspire me to create and "nest".

Your cherry pie story sounds like life in MY kitchen!! :)

Take care and take some time to put your feet up and just r-e-l-a-x.... ;)

Ruth

Stella said...

Glad you were able to salvage the pie and the washer is fixed. Sometime if we are physically wornout we tend to let things get us down. Maybe more rest and more fun will set you right. Have a good weekend. Stella

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Hi Marietta,
Thanks for visiting my blog...hope you are having a great day!!
xojanis

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Simplifying is what most folks need in their lives. Counting our blessings each and every day is most important too. I let the little things slide by now as they are so insignificant in the grand scheme. We have so much to be grateful for as so many folks live in constant turmoil each and every day of their lives. Do what you love and love what you do. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Tammy