Friday, June 25, 2010

Ordinary Bliss Here....

















As I write this post to publish tomorrow morning I would certainly say that I am enjoying the good life... I am floating in the pool on a hugh tube with a neck and back rest and places for iced beverages... I love this tube... You can take naps while floating if you wish... It seems to be quite a enchanted peaceful moment ... Lovely weather, gorgeous settings all our own... sitting atop water and dreaming of remnants of the past... Nothing like thoughts of timeworn to delight the senses.. I am thinking to fill my passion I need to find some time to create everyday... Some days when I find myself blogging extra time it is hard to make it all work... Right now my mind is set on just playing awhile... dreaming of cast offs, rosy or tea-stained in warm inviting tones and rooms filled with past infusion and a cozy feel.. I actually prefer as I have stated in past posts, old to new... as the construction is much, much better and the pieces come with their own memories.. Many do not desire old fixtures and always discarding, but for us that see past and have a eye for detail we are in heaven with plans to make the objects our own...

It is although it is a gift to have this passion. a eye for beauty of the past. Even ordinary cookies look like a feast when served on a love china plate or a cake stand of the past... It's the love and attention to detail that makes a house a home. All creating sweet sentiments. Romantic touches... window treatments with vintage hankies draping over a rod... simple little inspirations all rewarding the eye.. and bliss on a budget....

* the pics shared with you today are all from the back yard in the country... From the deck off the bedroom.... the little garden that has started to bring us summer feasts... There is a golf hole out to the peak of the backyard with a flag... It can be seen from the road as you drive by... Opps... someone else decided the pool looked inviting after a a morning on the golf course....



No comments: