Monday, June 21, 2010

Pennies From Heaven



Over the past couple years of retirement I have taken on the task of "trying to make due" with happenings, the main one being health issues and even through medicare, supplement plan, and drug plan, are paid for monthly I still have much extra expense to pay for on top... So gals don't rush into that retirement thing... It isn't all grand... This and living on social security does not allow much extra for my passion of collecting and re-purposing of objects... Not that my life is starvation.... it is just learning to live and enjoy the little gifts of everyday life and our pennies from heaven... I like to think of everyday life as treating myself to the simple pleasures. Though I must not spend many pennies, with imagination and inspiration, FABULOUS can still be a option in smaller doses... Providing one's self with doses of wonderful eye candy such as little sweet touches such as a pile of pillows, lovely little flower pots are only two small ways of adding to our sanctuaries. Even as adults we seem to have a desire for playhouses... We all need somewhere special to escape to... For me it remains a short trip from the kitchen area onto a deck into the backyard... It is the perfect retreat for us in our simple life.. when entering ... there a calmer world awaits... Our own private- get- a- way... Maybe not furnished with the lavish accessories as many others outdoor furnishings as the seasons in our area really take a toll on our things, but comfort still awaits...
I hope even though it may be pint size... you all make the most of it... as I think it is true that he who plants a garden, even though it be in little pots, plants happiness X 2.... I am off to clean the pool and maybe take a morning dip.... Blessings
Floral tote and teacup... Country Living....
Swimming Pool..... My back yard......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marietta....DH & I are nearly retirement age. In about 6 years he can take full SS but....His job allows him to work as long as he can health wise. We shall see.....
For the past few years we have been trying to live frugaly. The economy is so unstable we just learned to do this. Seems like if big business practiced this the world would be a lot better off!!
My "little world" is my bedroom. It has my books & doll collection & my family pictures all around.
I loved your post today my friend. Very wise words......
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Marietta,
I have been enjoying your blog this morning, love the new banner photo! Your back yard looks very restfull and refreshing. When we look around, we really don't need that much after years of collecting...the hunt is the fun part. Gosh a person runs out of room at a certian point.
Stay cool in the pool!
Marcie

The Chateau of Remnants said...

We have been on Eco-no budget for the last 3 years. My husband and I have been laid off 7 time between the 2 of Us! Extremely hard with 3 teens! But on the better note of it we have grown a lot closer :)

I ♥ the photo!

Blessing to you!
Renee