Sunday, June 6, 2010

Something As Simple As A Bathtub

I was awaken by the wind several times in the night..... Finally sitting up and having hot chocolate at 4:00 a.m. I noticed that Tom was also up in the rec. room with the pocket door to the main living area closed and the TV running... I sat up for a hour listening to the wind and watching the skies lite up... I was on my way to try and conquer more sleep when Tom came and told me tornadoes had hit surrounding towns and there were deaths... As I write this post not all the complete devastation is known as of yet... It makes you so thankful that your home and close area was spared but also have a feeling of helplessness for the ones who are suffering... My heart is heavy as I view and hear what they are enduring... One High School was suppose to have graduation... but the school was destroyed so that is cancelled... so shocking.... Makes you realize what great pleasure can be brought to one with just a bathtub... One never completely realizes what we enjoy until it is gone... When events like these take place it makes you more than content to stay home and enjoy what surrounds us....
Wishing you all a safe and pleasant day and for those in devastation may they receive the help and comfort they will require...

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Marietta my heart goes out to all those affected as well. We didn't even know what was going on until our son called and said that we were under a tornado warning. We opened the door and could hear the sirens going off at the lake. Too scary and I feel so bad for the loss of life. Makes a person very thankful for life and all that it has for today!
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

We are under a Tornado Warning right now here in NE Pa. So rare for here!! I hate it.....The weather has become so wild in the last few years!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Creative Bohemian said...

Marietta,

What sad things can happen due to an act of God, yet we must try to accept it and go on. I am glad you and your family are safe.

Diane

Shopgirl said...

We were under a Tornado warning Friday, and we are not a tornado state...no one hurt, but many trees down on cars and homes.
I pray for those that have been touched by this act of nature...
Hugs, Mary