Friday, July 2, 2010

Shirt Pillow Talk

Oh my another late afternoon post... I was off this morning purchasing groceries and cleaning my car {Bessie} inside and out.... lunch and a few chores and now a break and a post... I found this clever idea on Country Living .... Wow... this could be a sweet little budget friendly project... With Goodwill and yard sales and just shopping in our closets we could come up with some shirts or blouses to make some sweet pillows... These would be really cute for on porches.....
Step 1... Iron shirt to smooth out wrinkles... Button it and pin together to keep from slipping when cutting...
Step2.Cut the shirt to desired size or shape... If using pillow insert ... cut to size...
Step3. Re-pin the shirt after cutting so that finished sides are together... Sew pieces so you have up to a 1/2" seam.... You can sew all four sides since you can un- button the shirt for insert or stuffing...
Step4. turn right side out and insert pillow or stuffing... Button up and if stuffed you will want to hand stitch down buttons seam...
Hint... Old cardigans can be made this way for winter and colder months... I have seen some beautiful beaded cardigans made into pillows... They bring a pretty good price...

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Thanks, Marietta, for the reminder about these beautiful 'Shirt Pillows'! I had seen "Martha" make these a few years ago and have a few shirts set aside just for that purpose, but never got around to it! I may just have to go dig them out and stitch some up!
Have a great 4th!
Blessings!

luisa said...

Hi Mariette,I´m from Argentina,sorry for my english.Your blog es beautiful,and your alteret art is adoreble.I love vintage and retro.Congratulation for your ideas.Adios!!

Alaina said...

I have not made the shirt pillows yet but I have made ones out of sweaters and it works great.