Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Appreciation

Good Day... I just arrived home from the Ladies Golf League and enjoying a lovely, beautiful, day on the course... I even golfed very well...
Maybe the attitude of reminding myself to stop saying "if " and using "when".... then my dreams have a chance of coming true... Accustomed to living the tight shoe string I love using treasures of life that don't cost much... So very many are available to us... like spending quality time with others and competition to keep everything just pumping... Golf does tire me when it is extremely hot but today was truly a God sent of picture perfect...
I am feeling the need for some creativity and some changes... I try not to compare myself with what others are doing and just be myself and do my own thing... The more I just do things to please my tastes and desires the happier I am... { Remember Tom is the one who says he has to be somewhere and his desire is for the golf course... so I have a free hand} I am hoping for some inspiration to come in like a gentle breeze and carry me away to creativeness.... I do know I need to sniff out some vintage junk jewelry for altered art work as I have used many pieces I loved already.... That doesn't seem to be very available in our area so that ma mean a trip to a antique shop with some beautifully decorated booths in the near future...
As for the remainder of this afternoon I will most likely require a nap before suppertime and focus on just being thankful for this lovely day and how very blessed I truly am... Take a hour or two and enjoy these lovely thoughts with me....

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Good Morning, Marietta! Just popped in to say hi..I just got back (yet again) from a week long trip. I think I'm home to stay now for awhile..although over the next few months we have visitors coming to US! ;-) It takes me a few days to regroup and re-energize..I loved reading your last few posts~well said..remininding me to stop and appreciate TODAY.
I am so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for them (and YOU!)

Blessings and hugs,
Myrna

Anonymous said...

A beautiful cool day here. The temps haven't even gotten into the 70's & won't. I am really enjoying the last of the cloudy & showery days!!
DH will be home in about a hour. I always hate it when he has to go back after a vacation. Makes the days longer....
Love,
Marilyn

Sandi said...

You inspire me Marietta! I have never golfed a day in my life except putt putt and we both know that is nothing like real golfing! Hubby golfs, but I am afraid all I would do it hit air! HA!
September will be here soon and we can create for fall! love fall!!
Blessings~

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I can't imagine perfect weather with what we are dealing with. But I am content to stay indoors and crochet. So sorry to hear of the little girl. Sending prayers and blessings! Best wishes for a wonderful Wednesday. :) Tammy P.S. Sure wish I could have some of that peach pie! Yummo!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
Maybe it is with the end of Summer we are in the need of change? I know I have been that way lately and wanting to dig out my bits and bobs and see what I can create.
Oh, by the way, after reading the comment you left me I want to come to your house for dinner!! Yum, yum, that is just the type of food I love!!
Hope your evening is wonderful!
Hugs))