Thursday, August 19, 2010

Moving Toward The Fall Season

Although the temp is fore casted to reach 89 degrees today I can view the corn reaching toward the fall harvest as the ears are filled out and the stalks are turning brown and firing up..... I do enjoy the fall season and need to do some major cleaning and making reading for the house to be shut up.. Along with this comes the changing to darker hues to make the home feel more welcome....
We had 14 boys over screaming and jumping into the pool.... creating about a loss of 1/2 inch from the contents ... so it was pumped once again to fill to level... A amount of 206.00 was brought in gift for Landon to give to the little girl I posted of yesterday fighting cancer... She has had a terrible couple weeks....
I am looking forward to viewing some projects and some of others decorating for the fall season... I hopefully will find some inspiration of some small projects to achieve for personal use... I did print a couple aged book pages yesterday afternoon for a project for ornament tags I hope to complete in the next few days ... These will be used for Christmas if I can get my thoughts all organized and find the right stamp for rag ribbon....
I am posting on a short break while waiting on mopped floors to dry to return to a few chores... I hear my little yellow birds out at the little china water fountain on the front porch... Oh yes, as I peek from the window I see 2 of them enjoying the fresh water that I cleaned the fountain and placed fresh for them to drink... The sweet little yellow birds come several times a day and sing a tune and drink.... I will miss them this fall and winter however.... There has been several tractors going by this morning.... Some land leveling and odd and end chores in the fields as they await the time for the iron horses to bring in the harvest in a few weeks....
I must say tootles for now and return to my dailys before the temp rise too much but for right now it is very pleasant and a gentle breeze is moving the curtains ever so softly.....


The lovely pictures are fromhttp://ginger-ella.tumblr.com

3 comments:

Stella said...

Sounds like a peaceful day to me. Nothing more satisfying than a freshly mopped floor and birds singing a tune. Enjoy. Stella

Lisa's Creative Home said...

I love autumn. It is my absolute favorite season and lately I have found myself thinking about pumpkin picking with my kiddies and looking forward to the cooler temps. Love the white pumpkins!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wish Autumn would come to these parts, but sadly, it will be months before our temps change. Right now we hover at 120. :/ How wonderful that Tom's grandson opted out of gifts instead to collect money for a little girl fighting cancer. Enjoy the process of preparing for the changing of the season. Blessings, Tammy