Monday, August 23, 2010

Ordinary Practices

tumbler..
The ordinary acts we practice everyday are the ones that cause me the most joy.. As I am sipping my coffee and peering out the window... I see and feel a gentle breeze flowing through the tree branches... With a forecast of 87 degrees today and 92 degrees tomorrow.. although the feel of fall is in the air... the temps still say it is summer... Enjoy... Our close friend I spoke of on earlier posts that has been fighting cancer is not doing well and is hospitalized... My emotions are somewhat up and down as I am traveling through this day as my heart feels heavy....
Verse for today...
"When I said, my foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul" psalm 94:18-19
Many of my neighbors that surround our area are spending days at the Defiance County Fair with family... Several years ago I would have been included in them but life has journeyed along as only thoughts for reminders today... As i travel through the hours of today... I plan on taking time to insert a few pleasures... A piece of home-made fresh peach pie being one of them... The peaches we purchased at the orchard yesterday are just scrumptious.... With desires of keeping the day calm and peaceful, I will proceed with everyday chores and enjoy the mere fact that I am able to complete and enjoy them...with little treasures gifts along the way... Wishes for your day to be blessed in every way possible....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raining again today with temps in the mid 60's. We so need the rain! Today I am crocheting with some Holiday Yarns. Their colors are beautiful with the Traditional to Victorian to Jewel Tones!!
Thoughts of Christmas sort of gives me a lift today!
Have a Great Week!
Marilyn

Celestial Charms said...

Such a sweet little white kitty peeking through the window pane. I know how it feels to be in such high temperatues, yet have the feeling of fall in the air. Such a strange feeling.
Have a lovely week.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
So very sorry to hear about your friend.
Peach pie sounds scrumptious.
I know I take for granted way to much my health and my ability to enjoy simple quiet days at home.
May your day be blessed.
Hugs))