Monday, August 30, 2010

Quiet Moments

Yesterday was a very full day... I had my granddaughter for the afternoon and wonderful hours spent with family. Late afternoon we went to pay our respects to our dear friend who lost her battle with cancer.. It took over a our to get through the receiving line and I don't believe the air conditioning was working... As I was almost through the line I started to feel faint and headed toward the car to retrieve some air.... I could feel my blood pressure had elevated but once in car and air was on felt better... This has made me decide not to attend the funeral this morning in the small rural church that will not house the many people who want to attend... Our temp are suppose to read the higher 90's the next couple days... Tom will attend for us..
My plans are to spend some time reflecting on life and it challenges and the best ways for enduring and conquering... and let life be the best it can be... If we don't these challenges get in our way of having peace and tranquility in our lives... I will be turning on the air soon as I am noticing the temp in the house is rising... I need to fill the little china dish fountain on the front porch as the little finches are sipping already... I will water the garden so it can maintain trough the heat of the day..
As my intentions for today are to enjoy the silence, unlike yesterday filled with voices and entertainment... Not having to worry about the 9-5 work day or the first day back to school in our area I can eliminate most commotion many families are experiencing... Silence, I have come to learn to cherish it... For myself slowing down must take place to tap into a creative side... It would be a wonderful thing if our lives were a straight drive without running into traffic and in our journey a convenient parking spot is always open for us...For me my parking spot is open today... my home... Determined today to reduce my pace and enjoy time and add joy to my life...
Oh I just left for awhile and completed my chores and now back to finish posting... Tom will leave soon and attend the funeral to come home ...eat a late lunch and head out to the golf course for afternoon into late evening... leaving me to enjoy the quiet moments...
I do so hope you can have moments today and if you can't my wishes for you are to make whatever changes you need to allow yourself to be happy and find contentment....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Marietta for sharing your thoughts. It is good to do things at a more leasurely pace, this gives you time to reflect on people, life and things to do. Hope it will still been a good day for you, even though you have the funeral of your friend in mind all day long...
Wishing you all the best and I love the cute girl with cats and dogs, take care, ~Ira

FredaB said...

I am so sorry for you for the loss of your friend. I am sure she knows you would be there if you could. Some quiet contemplation of good times you have shared will be good.

Hope you are feeling better. We have been having the terrible heat here in Chicago also.

Hugs

FredaB

Sandi said...

So sorry again for the loss of your friend Marietta. Life is just too short and we all need to slow down and spend the time with loved ones and doing things we love.

I am cleaning out like crazy today and will have to make a run to donate, but it will be worth it.

I have my air on already today. Will be so glad when it cools down and stays that way. Hugs and prayers for you today!

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of the day brings you peace. I know your heart is heavy with the loss of your friend.
I too, cherish the quiet and can sit and reflect in silence. It's kinda funny ~ I remember my Mom and Nana and now my Dad doing the same thing.
"The heart, like the mind, has a memory. And in it are kept the most precious keepsakes."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
That is one of my most favorite quotes.
Hugs))

The Rustic Victorian said...

Silence is golden...I love it too. Knowing what the temps can do to a person is wise.
What a wonderful photo of the tea with pets...love it.
Marcie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.