Monday, August 2, 2010

Tarnished Altered Art

Good Morning.... Right now the day is very pleasant, but afternoon hours are back to in the 90's, so when finished posting I will be closing the house up and turn my 3 rooms of air on... I do so enjoy having the house open however... The confinement sets in when all is closed up...
Yesterday afternoon I cooked green beans and bacon and potatoes in a kettle of which may be the last of our beans in the garden.. I also thought a batch of caramel corn may be rather nice as we enjoy the evening hours.... It was and it was addictive... I also finished this altered art piece placed on the base of a old tarnished butter holder... done with a bit of my rendition of my three favorite styles... Victorian... Vintage...and French... all creating layers of loveliness and rooms of abundance.. as I proceed to try to age gracefully I also enjoy my surrounding to feel the same.. Wishes for all of you to enjoy a pleasant and peaceful day as Mother Nature heats the day up to the boiling point...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the altered art!! I may try something like that.....
We are cool here today but tomorrow will force the AC on for sure. Next few days will be in the 90+ range.
I am looking forward to the Fall & baking bread again!! Ahhhhh..... the smell of the raising dough & the baking of the bread!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Sweet altered art......I just love it. It's 103 in the shade today in South Texas....so its very hot and sticky. Stay Cool!!
Laraine

Sandi said...

Pretty altered art Marietta. I haven't created anything for quite some time now. Need to find time to do that.
I am ready for 70 degree weather. I could have that year round and be a happy camper! :)
Hugs~

Olivia said...

Oh my goodness the art is darling...this would look cool in my new bedroom display i will have to try it.
hugs,
Olivia

The Tin Rabbit said...

So pretty Marietta, love the tarnished butter dish! Perfect! It's HOT in east Tx too! We were at 105 over the weekend! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Ann