Friday, August 6, 2010

This Is Living

Today is proving to be a ideal summer day... This morning was just very lovely... I have been making ready for the craft booth for Sunday at the church festival... Today with the gentle wind sifting in open windows the day feels of luxury, elegance, and charm... Now this is living.... Last evening I opted for a later evening swim after the temps has lowered and the winds had picked up... it felt good but I must say my knees were knocking and my teeth were chattering before I got dried off and surrounded by a large towel.... This afternoon... after lunch... I am going to take a magazine and opt for a afternoon swim and float around the pool on my tube chair... The sun will feel warm but the water refreshing and cool but I love the feel of the two elements together... As I sift through my magazine I will hope to draw inspiration and view objects with a second chance... Recycled jewelry and home furnishings... I love the scattering around my home of these objects... I doubt very much if these objects will be passed down through the family but I just personally enjoy the scouring of markets and shoppes for the one of a kinds... reminiscent of Victorian or childhood days... To find a French item is only a bonus as I do not very often... As I float atop the water in the pool I also want to savor the restful moments as we are entering the last days of summer... A nesting season approaches... Cooler temperatures and ideas of fireplaces, candles, and throws enter... Lighter lunches disappear and foods become more complete... Last evening I was to the point I felt we needed one of those meals... Swiss steak and gravy baked on low heat in the oven all afternoon ... boiled potatoes... peas... garden tomatoes and cucumber slices dipped in ranch dressing and a homemade frosted chocolate cake for a late dessert... Tom arrived home about 7:15 from golfing and indulged in this meal awaiting him and said it was wonderful.... { Did I tell you this guy has it made???? } Today he was gone before I ever even arose... Off to Toledo to golf... he will arrive home around 3 this afternoon.. probably eat and take a swim and at 5 we are over to the golf course for the Friday night mixed scrambles we always play in... Happy Retirement..... Tom and I are so very different... everyday he runs... everyday I am at home almost every hour of the day and evening... We all love different things... Vintage items with worn surfaces to surround me makes me happy and content and to gain peace of mind...
Whatever creates contentment and happiness are my wishes for you as we enter the weekend for you to be able to enjoy... Mine will be spent with church family and community of which are very important to me... Enjoy......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today our weather is beautiful too... We are in the low 70's & a breeze that is almost cool!
It's funny you should mention about the meals. Last night I said to DH that I was getting sick of summer food fair & we both agreed that we would like a good old fashioned homemade stew!!
Like minds.....
Have a Joyful Weekend Marietta!!
Love,
Marilyn

Sandi said...

What a perfect day you have described Marietta! I am a homebody too and love it{most of the time}. There are those days that I just feel a need to get away , but not most days. I've been puttering today. Trying to clean up the house after some painting etc. Never ending chores. I told hubby my house is messier now than it was with three little ones at home. lol.
Continue on with your beautiful summer day...
Blessings~

SharDon Exclusives said...

Marietta, I thank you for stopping by. I have missed you and your lovely posts. so I am off to read the ones I have missed.
Blessings to you, sweet friend,
Sharon